Capturing an image on a wise gadget is extra advanced than it was once. Pictures now include all types of metadata that may be saved our units, together with our location.
Some are as generic as town the image was taken in, whereas others may be as particular as the road you have been on while you took it.
As you flick through your photograph albums, chances are you’ll discover that every image has the situation the place the photograph was taken listed on the high.
How do I take away location knowledge from my smartphone photographs?
take away location knowledge from a photograph on an iPhone
- Open your Pictures app and choose a photograph
- Click on on the three dots within the high proper and choose Customise location
- Choose No Location to have the situation disappear from the picture
take away location knowledge from a photograph on an Android (and one other model for a photograph on an iPhone)
For androids in addition to one other model for iPhones, You should utilize exif editor app to take away knowledge from all of your photos in your telephone. You may also change the positions of the images you’re taking and take away all tags within the photographs. That is the way it works for each iOS and Android units.
- Obtain and open the EXIF app
- Faucet the + signal to pick out photographs
- Select which picture you need to take away knowledge from
- On the high you may see a map the place the photograph was taken and two choices to edit or take away the situation. Click on one if you need location data eliminated
- Scroll all the best way down for choices to take away exif tags or take away metadata for the picture altogether
How do I take away location knowledge from my laptop computer photographs?
To delete location data from pictures on a Home windows laptop:
- Proper click on on the picture
- Discover “Traits” backside of the menu and click on on it
- Within the pop-up window, click on the “Particulars” Tab. Click on on the backside of the window “Take away properties and private data”
- click on so as
To delete location data from pictures on a Mac laptop:
- Open picture in preview
- Click on within the high menu Instrument > Present Inspector
- press the “the” Info icon
- click on GPS tab after which “Take away location data”. (If the GPS tab is not there, your photograph does not embody location knowledge.)
To obtain extra of my ideas, subscribe to my free CyberGuy Report e-newsletter by clicking the ‘Free Publication’ hyperlink on the high of my web site.
Copyright 2023 CyberGuy.com. All rights reserved. CyberGuy.com articles and content material could include affiliate hyperlinks that earn a fee when purchases are made.