Toxic fumes: Man hospitalized after chemical reaction in Smithfield, Sydney’s west

Twelve individuals have been handled by paramedics after a chemical response produced poisonous fumes at a office in western Sydney.

A 29-year-old man was mixing sulfuric acid and chlorine at a pipe manufacturing plant in Smithfield round 8.30am Thursday when he inhaled poisonous fumes.

Fireplace crews rushed to the Woodpark Highway handle together with three fireplace engines and two hazmat models.

Paramedics took the person to the hospital for additional therapy and examined 11 different employees on the scene.

The fireplace brigade checks the fuel degree within the constructing.

They’ve confirmed that no chemical substances have been spilled.

There’s extra to come back.

Initially revealed as Twelve males uncovered to poisonous fumes after chemical response in western Sydney